I found this very creative slider card & measurements on Julie Davison’s blog and knew I had to make this basic card with my own colors and design. We also made this card in our August class. The creativity of the attendees was fantastic. Each participant made two cards of this design and each one was unique.
Here is the card I showed them:
And when you pull the little Pear Pizazz peeking out at the bottom this is what you see…
Isn’t this the cutest card? I see this format being used A LOT with different colors and designs.
I imagine you would like the directions…so here you go:
Color #1 (BASE) 5 ½” x 8 ½”
Score at 4” and 8”
In ¾” from score lines, cut two slits from ¾” to 4 ¾” in the center panel.
Color #2 (Slider) 3 ¾” x 4 ¾”
On the 4 ¾” side, cut at 2” almost all the way down.
Color #3 (Message) 2 3/8” x 4”
- Stamp the front side of the card base (or…use DSP)
- Stamp the message – top & bottom
- Glue the message in place
- Punch with circle punch on bottom of base
- Put slider over message through the slits and tape together on back (be sure the slider still moves)
- Decorate the part of the slider that shows
Products I used to decorate:
Cardstock – Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzaz, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink – Lost Lagoon
Punches – 1 3/4 Scallop Circle, 3/4 Circle, Itty Bitty Accents
Embellishments – Rhinestone Basic Jewels