Eleven of the Pals met today at a beautiful club house for a great day of stamping, chatting and eating. Linda Foster, Peggy Noe, Shannon Jaramillo and I each had a project for all participants to make. This is my project. I am using a photo of the one Mary Fish made since it is too dark now for me to take a good photo of mine and several Pals want the directions on how to make the Note Pad Cover. I got the measurements from Brandy Cox and I wrote up all the directions and created my own design.
I’ll try to get some other photos of my version tomorrow so you can see different angles. There is a pocket on the inside left you can’t see.
Here are the directions:
Cover for 5” by 8” Note Pad
1. Start with piece of cardstock (CS) 8 ½” by 11” Score on 11” side at 5 ¼” and 5 ¾”
2. Fold on the score lines and your outer cover is done.
3. To make the pocket:
Use a 4 ¾” by 6 ½” piece of matching CS. Score on the 6 ½” side at ½” ¾” 5 ¾” and 6”
Turn one quarter and score at ½” and ¾”
Burnish score lines and cut the square formed in each corner of the bottom.
Use Sticky Strip or Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG) on the bottom of each side fold and fold bottom up to glue in place.
Put Sticky Strip or MLG around the three edges and stick to the inside left of the cover at the bottom.
4. The binding cover (over the top of the note pad) is made from the same CS cut to 2” by 5” and score on the 2” side at 1” and 1 ¼”
5. Use a lot of MLG on the back of the note pad and stick it to the right inside of the cover.
6. Decorate the front, pocket and binding as you like.
Tomorrow I’ll include all the products used so check your email tomorrow.