Hello Stampers! Today I have a really cool card for you. I was inspired by Dawn Griffith (again). I love cards that are interactive or pop in some way. Dawn must be on the same page and she inspires me so much.
Don’t look at this card and say ” I can’t do that, it looks so difficult.” It may look difficult but it’s really easy! We did this card at my last month’s class and everyone really liked it.
OK, nothing difficult about some dry embossing and die cuts. Now watch…
There’s the WOW! Just the way you cut, score and fold makes this greeting pop out like a book. I’ll first list the products then get into the directions.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Stamp Sets – Butterfly Basics, Special Celebrations
Ink – Night of Navy
Paper – Night of Navy, So Saffron, Whisper White
Accessories – Sparkle Embossing Folder, Stitched Framelits
Now for the measurements:
Base – (Night of Navy) 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
Front (Night of Navy) 3″ x 3″
Inside (Night of Navy) 2 1/4″ x 2 5/8″….cut 2
Front ( So Saffron) 4″ x 5 1/4″
Inside (So Saffron) 5″ x 8″
Front (Whisper White) 3″ x 3″ Stamp and then die cut with Stitched Square (will be smaller)
Inside (Whisper White) 2″ x 2 1/2″ …cut 2
- Take the inside So Saffron piece that is 5″ x 8″; on the Stampin’ Trimmer on the 5″ side – line up at 1″ then cut between 1″ and 7″, turn to other side and do the same.
- Same piece – on the 8″ side SCORE between the cut lines at 1″ and 1 1/2″
- Same piece – now score the top and bottom (above and below the cut lines) at 21/2″
- Same piece – score all the way top to bottom at 4″
- Now turn and repeat steps 2 and 3
- Folding – top and bottom strips fold valley, mountain, valley; center folds valley, mountain, valley in center, mountain, valley
- Adhere the inside center piece 1/4″ inside the edge of the Night of Navy card base…DO NOT TRY TO PUT THE CENTER FOLD INTO THE CENTER FOLD OF THE CARD BASE.
- Tip: Put adhesive on only one side and attach, now fold the center panel up, put adhesive on that center piece and then close the card. This will insure that the card will fold properly with no buckling.
You may have noticed that I also embossed the flap on the envelope. Very easy…just slide the flap inside the embossing folder and fold the envelope closed behind the embossing folder.
This fold can be used for any type card. It really gives a WOW to the card and the recipient will love it.
Please try to make this card and IF I have forgotten anything (hope not) PLEASE contact me ASAP so that I can make a revision.
Until my next post…Happy Stamping! Donna